Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

12.15.2008

Date Night!

Last Thursday, Tony and I went on our first date since Madison was born. She got to stay the night with Nanny (Tony's mom), while Mommy and Daddy went to eat at Bravo. It was wonderful to enjoy a nice meal, good wine, and wonderful conversation without worrying if she was going to make it through the meal without crying. But I stilled missed her more than anything, and wished she would have been with us!! I know it's good for us to do things just the two of us, but I miss her so much the entire time! She did wonderfully at Nanny's and I'm sure she never realized we weren't there! Everyone was telling me how great I would sleep that first night without her, but oh how opposite it was!! She's been sleeping through the night since she was about 5 1/2 weeks old, so I've been getting good sleep for a while, but Thursday night, I did not sleep well. I wasn't really worried about her, I knew she was in good hands, but just knowing she wasn't in her crib made me sad! (yes she's in her own room, in her crib already...don't get me started on how happy and sad that makes me at the same time!)

We've started putting Madison to bed at around 9/9:30 every night, and she's consistently sleeping until about 8 or even later some mornings. Some mornings we have to go in and give her her pacifier at around 5 or 6, but some mornings she doesn't make a sound until 8. We are so lucky to have such a good sleeper!! The only thing: she has to be swaddled. If I try to put her to bed without swaddling her, she flails her arms up, wakes herself up, and then just stares and plays with her hands! I'm fine with swaddling her now, I just don't want to be swaddling a 1 year old!! Hopefully we'll be able to wean her off of it easily.

Madison had her 2 month check-up on Saturday, and she's doing well! She weighs 10 lbs 0.5 oz (25th percentile), is 22 1/2 inches long (50th percentile), and her head measured 15 1/2 inches (50th percentile). I had already gotten her shots at the Health Department, so we had a happy appointment with no tears!

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

you are sooooooooooooo lucky with her sleeping like that.

that santa-outfit picture: soooo cute!

Miller Mommy said...

I am sooo jealous that she is sleeping like that! Tanner is still up at least once and sometimes twice a night!! Both of my boys HATED being swaddled :)

YEAH FOR DATE NIGHT!!! You and Tony need those times away!!