Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.05.2009

8 Months! Already!

My baby is 8 months today. I can't believe she's been here for the exact length of time that I knew I was pregnant! The pregnancy went fast, but NOTHING compared to how fast these last 8 months have gone! It is so amazing how much a child changes in that first year. The growth is amazing and sad all at once. I told Tony last night after I went in to check on her one last time before bed, "She looks more like a little girl and less like a baby everyday." Its amazing how that realization can make me want to cry remembering how tiny she was, but also make me so excited for the little girl she is becoming.

She has a personality like nothing else. She is such a happy little girl! She makes some of the funniest faces, and loves to talk. She's also recently started "singing" to herself in the car...its so adorable. She gives kisses now, too. Wet, slobbery kisses, but the best kisses I've ever received! She will also kiss her animals in the bathtub now.

On Wednesday, June 3, my baby crawled. The look of accomplishment on her face was priceless! She was SO proud of herself. Yesterday morning, Tony said she crawled over the couch where she proceeded to try and pull herself up. I know that once she gets strong enough to get herself all the way up, she's going to crawl to a place she can pull herself up and start cruising. The girl loves to stand! If you hold her hands for her, she will walk. She can feel free to wait a couple months before walking on her own, though...Mommy really won't mind!

I will try and upload some pictures when I get home!! Happy Eight Months, Madison! Mommy and Daddy love you SO MUCH!!