Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

10.01.2008

Guess who's back...but not so better than ever

I got a nice surprise when Tony called me Monday afternoon to tell me he was on his way to Best Buy to pick up our computer!! I only had to go 2 days basically...and surprisingly, I survived! :-)

Monday began my maternity leave, and I got a lot accomplished! I had to go to Target to return something, and exchange a couple other things. Then I headed over to Kohl's to see if I could find some pants for my daughter. Do you know how hard it is to find pants smaller than 6 months?! There are some for 3-6 months, but almost nothing for 0-3 months. You can find packages and racks full of onesies, but some pants to go with them? Nah, just let your child hang out in a onesie. Which I'm fine with (I guess) at home, but I don't want to be stuck at home all the time because I have no pants for my child! If any of you already mommies out there have any suggestions on where to find 0-3 month pants...PLEASE SHARE!!
Tony called me while I was at Kohl's to see if I wanted to meet him for lunch, so I headed over to the mall after I was finished there, and had lunch at TGIFridays with him. (We only had to spend $2! Yea for gift cards!) I then had to return something at Children's Place, and picked up a cardigan and some corduroy pants (0-3 months...can you believe it! but it was the only style I could find in 0-3) for the girl who needs more clothes like she needs a sixth toe! Then headed to Babies R Us to find a picture for her room : I headed home then for some much needed rest, and just chilled out the rest of the evening until the Monday Night Football game (which was great!).

Yesterday, I ordered all of my belly pics to put in "The Belly Book" and some for her scrapbooks and baby book. (which I'm doing today), then to the bank, and then to Wal-Mart. I ended up spending way more than I intended to at Wal-Mart, but once I got there I realized that I needed food for lunches...and Tony's off starting tomorrow until next Thursday, so we definitely needed more food than we usually have! I don't think I've ever seen our fridge, freezer, pantry, and cabinet look so full (and they still really aren't that full...) I guess it's something I will have to get used to!

Ok, I know the title of this post is "...but not so better..." and all I've talked about has been fairly good stuff. Well last night was not so great. I turned off my bedside lamp at about 11pm, and woke up at midnight with some mild cramping and having to pee...so I went pee, and went to lay back down. I woke up at 1am, 2am, 3am, and so on until I finally got out of bed at 8. I never really had any regular contractions during that time, but still felt crampy when I got out of bed. i had wanted to organize Madison's closet today, but I decided maybe I should just take it easy today. So I had some breakfast, drank some water, and just laid back down on the couch. I started to feel a little better, so I took a shower, and am drinking as much water as I can. I feel better now. I was so sure I would make it to the induction, and I realize its still a good possibility I will, but I'm not quite as confident as I was! I don't go to the doctor until tomorrow at 2, so I'm hoping everything stays under control until then. If I didn't start feeling better today, I was going to call. I didn't really want to because I figured they'd just send me back to Labor and Delivery, and I really didn't want to have to go back there again unless they were going to let me have this baby! :-) I think I was just dehydrated. Its really hard for me to remember to drink water while I'm at home. When I'm at work, my water bottle is never empty, but for some reason, it's not as easy when I'm at home. I was trying to think back to how much I had drank yesterday...and I don't think it was more than 3 glasses! At work, I had 3 bottles of water by 10 most days! So just trying to keep myself more hydrated today. I will leave you with the 40 week belly pic...which could possibly be the last one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are back online! YAY! I hope you feel better and can hold off until the doctor's appointment tomorrow. Just be careful not to over do it missy.

You have been doing a lot going to all those stores. Wishing all the best for you. xoxo

You look wonderful!!!

Miller Mommy said...

I sooo missed you while you were MIA without a computer!! I was starting to panic thinking that you might have Madison and NO computer to broadcast the great news!!!

Keep drinking that water!!! I was bad about that when I was home also!!

I had good luck finding 0-3 pants at Wal-Mart and also Babies R Us!! You need to send me an email (angelanmiller@verizon.net) with your mailing address so I can send your baby gift to you :) THANKS!!

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

well if your baby is small like they are saying you will probably need preemie clothes..lilly weighed a 6lbs 7 ounces and she was in preemie for like 3 weeks....babies r us, wal-mart, and macy are really the only ones that carry preemie...as far as 0-3 i guess i really didn't have trouble...when she was little i loved carters newborn stuff...its easy and looks cute

gap, h&m, and i think carters (others will beg to differ)-run big

good luck with everything!! And sister why don't you want to go into labor on your own? That's the way it's suppose to be :)

Emily said...

I was so excited to see your update...and can't wait for the update to have little Madison's arrival as the newest post!! A friend of mine had triplet girls and she always found her 0-3mo pants at the Carter's store in Keystone. She would actually buy the 3 pair pant set in the 0-3mo boy section that had the white, brown and light green color. There is nothing "boy" about the pants, exact same cut, shape and size as the girls just different colors. She used the brown and white ones all the time! Babies R Us will have the same pants...maybe a tick more expensive. Best wishes! Keep updating! :-)

Anonymous said...

i miss you!!!! i bought Maddie a present tonight...i'll have to give it to Grandma Connie before she comes down!!!

Love you and i can't wait til she's here!

Love Lindsey