Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

4.22.2008

17 Weeks!

I am officially 17 weeks today! I can't believe I'm that far along already. We're almost half way through, and I feel like we just found out we were expecting the little peanut! I felt the little one move a little bit again last night. I told Tony, and although he was happy, I could tell he really wanted to be able to feel the movement too. I can't wait until we can feel movement from the outside so Tony can share in this joy with me! I will post a belly pic when I get home tonight, but for now, here's what's going on with the peanut this week:

"Around this time your baby's ears pop from his head and Baby-to-be can now sense sounds. After all, he has plenty to listen to in utero! He's accustomed to the strong beating of your heart, blood rushing through your veins, and your stomach grumbling. He can also discern sounds outside the uterus, like your voice and music. Although, according to the Mayo Clinic, whether he can distinguish the sound of your voice versus other sounds is not yet clear. This week your little one weighs in at around five ounces and stretches to just over five inches (crown to rump)(about the size of a turnip)."

0 comments: