Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

4.29.2008

*POP* goes preggo!

18 weeks! I don't know why, but at the beginning of this pregnancy, I was so excited to get to 18 weeks. I think maybe it was because I knew that was the earliest I could find out whether we were having a boy or a girl. Now that it's here, it doesn't seem that different than 17 weeks! I have felt this peanut move quite a bit this past weekend and yesterday. It's such an amazing feeling! I realized after posting these pics...they don't even begin to do justice for the *POP* that seriously happened this week. I feel like I look so much bigger than this pics convey, but I know soon enough I will look much bigger than I ever thought possible! We find out Thursday whether we have a little girl or little boy on the way...I'll update as soon as I can! For now, here's the 18 week belly shots, and what's going on with Feety this week!








"Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound." (oh Feety better not!! :))


2 comments:

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

hey there!!! I haven't got a chance to tell you congrats yet!!! SO CONGRATS!! You are looking cute!! I love reading your blog.

Jen said...

Ahh! You look totally GORJ! Thanks for delurking ; )

OMG your ZOEY and my LAYLA could be TWINS! TWINS I TELL YOU!

Soo excited to find out what you're having!!

AHHH!