Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

4.16.2008

Hello friends and family!

I've decided to start a blog to record what's going on as we experience this pregnancy, and parenthood! I will try my hardest to update at least weekly, but I'm not going to make any promises!



As of today, I am 16 weeks and 1 day. I feel huge, but no one else really seems to agree with me! So far it's been an easy pregnancy. I felt sick a little in the beginning, but nothing bad at all. I haven't had any food aversions...seems more like I just want to eat everything. Going to lunch is a process that now starts about an hour or so before I go just so I can try to figure out what I'm going to eat! We've been lucky enough to already have three ultrasounds, so we've gotten pictures of the litte one everytime I've been to the doctor. The next visit (May 1) they do the "anatomy ultrasound" so we'll finally get to know if this little peanut is a boy or a girl (assuming it won't be as stubborn as it's mother and father!). Tony and I can't wait to start decorating the nursery. He of course is really wanting a boy, but I know he'll be just as excited if it's a girl. I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing. Part of me wants a boy, and part of me wants a girl. I guess I won't be disappointed! I finally felt a little movement yesterday while I was sitting at my desk!! I can't wait until it becomes more prominent and more often!



Hopefully I'll post some belly pics soon! I'll end with what's going on with the little one this week:



"At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling her weight and adding inches to her length. Her lower limbs are much more developed now. Her head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved toward the front of her head. Your baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Some of her more advanced body systems are working, including her circulatory system and urinary tract. Her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating her total blood volume through her body many times. (By the end of your pregnancy, this will increase to about 190 quarts.) The patterning of her scalp has begun, though her hair isn't recognizable yet. Although closed, her eyes are moving (slowly), and she's even started growing toenails."

0 comments: