Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.13.2008

20 Weeks...We've made it to the HALF-WAY point!

We've made it half-way! I can't believe I'm 20 weeks already! I feel like it was just yesterday I took the pregnancy test!! Hard to believe that was 14 weeks ago! Our lives have changed so much already. Just knowing we're going to be parents soon has brought out a different side of us! All good on Tony's end...I'll admit I've let the hormones "yell" at him a couple times, but I think he'd agree that I've been pretty even keel through this far. I can't make any promises for the next 20 weeks, though! I know I'm just going to keep getting bigger, and that means getting uncomfortable, and making it hard to sleep...I like sleep; that will not be a fun time for either of us!




I think the fur-babies have started to figure out somethings up. There is more baby stuff piling up by the day, and they are great detectives! They go into her room, and just sniff around at all the stuff I have piled in there. I know they're going to be great big "sisters!" I'm so excited to watch Madison grow and play with them! I know Zoey will be happy to have a little playmate, anyway! I think Nugget will sit back and just watch from afar, but I know she'll be protective, and love her dearly!




I'll leave you with the weekly blurb of Madison's development, and the 20 week belly pics...it is definitely growing!! :-)




"By week 20, your baby-to-be is gearing up for the next phase in her development—filling out. Her organs are getting into their proper places. Her kidneys are now in position with their familiar bean shape. Her ovaries have reached their position. Her brain continues to form and grow. Her teeth are beginning to appear, and she can swallow. If you haven't been able to feel her move, chances are you'll be feeling him move more and more over the coming weeks." (not a problem here! She's quite the mover and shaker!!) Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, we use measurements taken from the top of the baby's head to her bottom — known as the "crown to rump" measurement. After that, we use measurements from head to toe. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against her torso during the first half of pregnancy and are very hard to measure.) A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. (This slick coating also eases the journey down the birth canal.)Your baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid. This meconium will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first messy diaper (although a few babies pass it in utero or during delivery)."
And finally the update on the ever growing belly:

I can't believe it's just going to keep getting bigger!

I'll try to update more often this week...not that ya'll really care! I just didn't like seeing a week go between posts! Love you all!

1 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Yay, congrats on having made it to the halfway point!!!!
Now the real getting big fun starts ;)
Your little baby bump is so cute!!!