Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.20.2008

21 weeks and counting!

We are officially on the downward slide of the pregnancy!! There's still a l-o-n-g wait ahead, but it's getting closer every week! I'm so excited to meet Madison, see who she looks more like, what her personality is like, how she interacts with the dogs...I just can't wait for her to be here! I made our appointment today for the 3D ultrasound. We go the morning of July 12. I can't wait to see her little nose, chin, ears, fingers, toes, everything!! Here's what's going on with her this week!


"Your little one will begin to fill out over the next few weeks. Fat layers form throughout your unborn baby's body. These layers will eventually keep him warm and insulated once outside the womb. Soft hair, called lanugo, covers his body, too. His eyelids are still closed, making him appear like he's sleeping, but frequent wiggles will let you know he's awake. You may also feel Baby hiccuping.Those jerky motions you feel in your belly are a result of little lungs practicing the important task of breathing. Your baby-to-be weighs in at around 10.5 ounces and stretches to about 7.2 inches (crown to rump)."



And here's the weekly pic of the continually growing belly!

I had two different people say something about me being pregnant this weekend, so I guess it's actually looking like a preggo belly, not a "I ate WAY too much belly!" YIPPEE!!! She is moving more and more each day! Yesterday she was kinda calm, so I had some caffeine for dinner (I usually only drink it at lunch) and she was going so crazy, at one point I could actually see it. Too bad Tony was at work, and didn't get to see. She was still going at midnight!! She's usually pretty calm after 10 at the latest!! Tony still hasn't gotten to feel her. Every time I tell him to feel, she stops. And without fail, not too long after he moves his hand away, she starts kicking away. I can't wait until she cooperates enough for him to feel!!

2 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Awww, look at that belly. You definitely look pregnant now! sooo cute.
Oh and Jayla did the same thing every time my husband tried to feel her kick... I guess little girls do that ;) But wait a little longer and he will get to feel (and see) those kicks :))

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

have fun at your 3d appointment. It is really cool, but just remember everything is enlarged =) Lilly's lips looks HUGE and her nose did too in her 3d ultrasound pics. But when she came out her lips were small and her nose is soooo small too =) You can look at ours on our blog site in the older post section!!!