Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

5.27.2008

Memorial Day Weekend / 22 Week Belly Pics

I don't understand why 3 day weekends feel shorter than regular ones! I didn't even do anything this weekend to make it fly by. I got to leave work at 4 on Friday, and went straight home (ok, after a side trip to Panera for soup) and started cleaning. I cleaned for a total of 5 hours that night, and then got up Saturday morning and cleaned for another 2. And to look at my house, it looked like I had spent maybe an hour! So frustrating!! We're trying to clean out what was the "computer room" so it can become Maddie's room...there's just so much stuff!!

My cousins and aunt came down Saturday evening, and we went to a new restaraunt in Greenwood called BJs for Tony's birthday. It was delicious!!! They have these little one serving deep dish pizzas that are probably a good inch thick (at least). Stef got one of those, and it looked good. I opted for the California Turkey Burger...AMAZING!!! It came on toast and with avacado...I cannot WAIT to go back for another one!

My mom and Andrew came down later that night, so we had a full house! The dogs were a little overwhelmed, but they were good. My cousins and aunt went to the race Sunday, so they got up and left before any of us were out of bed!! Mom, Andrew, and I went to church, and then came home and filled up the pool for Zoey and just sat outside for a couple hours...it was great!

Yesterday we went up to Tony's sister's house for a cook-out, and just hung out. It's nice that my family and his family can hang out together! It was a nice weekend...just not long enough!

Not much to update on the little peanut this week. She's still kicking away, and making sure NOT to kick when Daddy's trying to feel! Here's here weekly update and the weekly belly pics!

"Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound." (according to Babyzone.com, the baby is 7.6 inches and 12 ounces...funny how two websites have an over 3 inch difference in length, and about a 4 ounce difference in weight!) "Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily."

Update on the belly...




Yes, its really that big!!!!





3 comments:

Lindz said...

I really like that shirt! I am not pregnant and yet I would love to have that... perhaps for when I drink beer? If I ever get pregnant, can I have your clothes? ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the comment and for reading my blog.

Congratulations on your baby! I love the name Madison, it's beautiful.

Are you really a Colts fan? Thank God another woman that likes football in the blog world. I'm a Jets fan but I love Peyton Manning, probably because he kicked Tom Brady's butt in the Super Bowl :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Finally a female football buddy! I so love that you hate Tom Brady!!!:)

My loved ones & I are OK, the crane collapse was on 91st & 1st AVE in the city, no one I know lives or works around there. Thank God. Too many crane problems lately. Thanks for checking in. Have a great weekend!