Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

6.10.2008

Week 24...

I can't believe we're in week 24 already! I remember being so excited to get to 10 weeks because it was finally a double digit! Now we only have about 16 more weeks until little Maddie's arrival! I'm starting to have minor "freak-out" moments every now and then. I just can't believe we're going to have this little tiny baby to take care of, and that she's all ours! I'm afraid I won't know what to do. Sometimes when we're watching TV at night, I realize how much our lives are going to change when she's born. I know that once she's born we won't know what we ever did without her, but it's just so weird (and a little scarey, if I'm being completely honest...).

But on to more important things: Madison's update for the week:
"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

Belly pics to come tonight after I get home!

1 comments:

Jayla'sMommy said...

Don't worry, it's completely totally normal to have tons of minor freak outs before your baby will be here.
The day Jayla was born we were headed to the hospital and I was so scared because I felt like I had NO idea what to do with a tiny little baby all by myself.
But you will know what you need to do as soon as she's here, your maternal instincts will kick in and you'll just know what to do :)
And yes, your life is definitely going to change, my life has changed A LOT and sometimes I wish I had some more alone time with my husband again but I love our baby girl to death and I would not wanna change my life as a mom for the world :)