Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

7.16.2008

Are you kidding me?!

I just read that the hospital I'm delivering at only allows for two "support" people during delivery. Umm, I'm sorry, that doesn't really work for me. Of course Tony will be in there, but I want my mom, too. And not only is it unfair to Tony and his mom for her not to be able to be in there...I want her in there. You can have three during labor, but only two during delivery. I understand if there are complications you don't want a lot of people in there, but that's when you just ask them to leave. I wonder if there is any way around this...

I can't even express how upset I am right now about this! This isn't the 1900's where the dad waits in the waiting room while mom pushes the baby out with no one but doctors around! If I had known this in advanced, I may have tried to find a doctor that delivered elsewhere...somewhere that allowed me to have at least 3 "support" people...ARGH! I'M SO MAD!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lindz said...

I would have a problem with that too. I don't know how many people I'll want there my first time around but I'd atleast like to be allowed the option. You can't have one mom and then say no to the other, or a best friend...

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

Most hospitals say that...but usually they let you have more just so they are out of the way.

Jen said...

That sucks! I however, wanted NOBODY in the room- and my husband's mom is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital where I delivered. I was such a bitch when I was pregnant. Thank gob I'm all better now ;-)

Lainey-Paney said...

I think it's pretty negotiable.
I dunno...I could be totally wrong, and the hospital may be full of a bunch of sticklers....

My L&D room was HUUUUUUGE. They could have erected bleechers at the end of my bed & let 20 people sit there to watch. Space was not an issue for us.
In the end, I didn't deliver in there (c-section), and during the delivery, I only wanted my husband in there with me....

Maybe if you talk to your nurse (and this will have to be day-0f), then you could have Three....