Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

8.08.2008

TGIF!

I can’t tell you how happy I am that today is Friday! It wasn’t really a bad week (after all, I got the ultrasound on Tuesday, and got to leave early for a doctor appointment on Wednesday), but I’m just so ready for this weekend to begin! There is so much stuff I need to do this weekend, I know it’s just going to fly by, but it should be fun stuff…all for baby! But tonight, it’s all about me! Well, that is after I order these adorable Birth Announcements! I have to pre-order the envelopes so I can get them all addressed now, and then after she’s born, all I have to do is upload the photo, and enter the information! And after I bite the bullet and order a new diaper bag…yeah, I’m getting a new one. It would have bothered me every time I carried it, but at least I know how to order it correctly this time! But after that, I plan to get my Rock On with…

Guitar Hero! I’ve beaten the easy level once, but Tony was playing last night, and I think he may have some of my scores beat, so I must go back, and make sure I have the high score! J You see, I am not a video game guru like him, so I feel the need to be the best at something that I can actually play! I can compete against him in the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games, but ultimately…he’s MUCH better than I am. I would just like to have one game in which I am better…that’s all. I’m not competitive at all! That should keep me busy until he gets off work at 9 tonight!

Tomorrow I’m going to the State Fair with the sister-in-law, Tammy, mother-in-law, and my enchanting niece, Sarah. I cannot wait to have my corn on the cob. It is seriously the most mouth-watering corn I’ve ever tasted! And then it’s on to the animals!! I really can’t wait to see the cows…if I lived on a farm, I’d have cows. They have such sweet eyes, and I just want to kiss them! They have a separate area for all the newborn calves, so I’m excited to see them, too. And of course, we’ll have to see the world’s (or maybe its “country’s”…I don’t know) biggest hog. The thing is HUGE! I will definitely have to take pictures!

That night Tony and I are planning on going to eat at Bravo. They just opened their newest location in Greenwood this past week, so I’m sure we’ll have quite a wait, but it’s so worth it! Who knows what else we’ll do, but I’m really excited about eating there!

Sunday, it’s all about Madison! Last weekend, Tammy gave me about six boxes of clothes ranging from 6 months, all the way up to 18 months! I went through and sorted them last weekend, but this weekend is the time to start putting things into the drawers of her dresser! I also want to start cleaning and disinfecting all of the toys that we’ve acquired already! A lot of them were mine from when I was a baby, so I’m sure there’s 25 years of grime just waiting to be destroyed by yours truly! (and a little bit of bleach solution!) I also need to bring in the swing and bouncer (which we also got from Tammy) and start getting those cleaned up. I especially want to bring the swing in and start running it every now and then to HOPEFULLY (and here’s to really hoping!!!) get Nugget and Zoey used to it moving! They’re so skittish, so I’m hoping seeing it day after day will help, and maybe by the time she’s born, they’ll be used to it!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I will hopefully have pictures from the fair up sometime soon!

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Wow new layout! Love the announcements - so cute! As for Guitar Hero - I hate it and I cannot come close to beating anything, not even one song. That would make for an amazing video post - me playing guitar hero and throwing a tantrum cuz I suck.

Emily said...

I have been reading your blog for some time now--very cute!! You will LOVE that you have kept up with your "journaling". I still go back and look at certain dates/events/etc.

I agree, cute new layout! As far as the state fair corn, I also agree! :-) Hope you are feeling well and enjoying this special time! Take care!!