Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

9.16.2008

Dear Madison...


My dear sweet Madison,

As I sit here tonight feeling you stretching inside my belly, I marvel at how amazing God is. You started out so microscopic, and now are close to 6 pounds! I first discovered you were growing inside me as two pink lines and the word "pregnant" appeared on the pregnancy tests. I was in shock! I was scared to death! But most of all, I was excited beyond belief! I didn't know at the time if you were "Madison" or "Baby Boy" (since Daddy and I hadn't agreed on a boys name), but I already loved you. Today, I love you so much more than I could have ever imagined, and I know my love for you is going to grow ten-fold the moment I see your face for the first time! I'm almost afraid my heart will burst, knowing how much love I feel for you now; I can't fully understand how I can love you even more!

That first time I felt you move will forever be etched in my memory. It was just a small flutter so I wasn't sure if it was you, or my mind playing tricks on me. But a couple minutes later, I felt you again...and then again, and I knew that was my baby moving! Ever since that day, you have been a mover! Your movements are usually not subtle either! You like me to know you're there! And even though you have hurt me a couple times, I am so happy that I get to feel every movement you make. Selfishly, I am really going to miss knowing your every movement after you are born. For the past 20 weeks, or so, I have known every movement you have made, felt every hiccup you've had, and it makes me a little sad to know that in a couple weeks, I won't know every time you move.

The day we found out you were "Madison" I was beyond ecstatic! I really was OK either way, but I know deep down, I really wanted a little princess, and I was so happy to know that I was getting my wish! I went out and bought you some clothes the very next day! I had been dieing to buy you clothes before, so I didn't waste anytime after Mommy and Daddy found out. Neither did Grandma! You'll soon learn that Grandma, Mommy, and Daddy love to buy clothes...your closet is so full, I'm kind of worried you won't be able to wear everything! But I can't wait to try!

I want to tell you a little bit about your Daddy, Maddie. He is the most amazing man in the world. You are so lucky to have him as your Daddy, and I don't want you to ever forget that! He will love you more than you will ever know! You are already his little princess, and I know that he can't wait to spoil you even more like one! Your Daddy is the most caring and loving man you will meet. He takes such good care of me, so I know what good care he'll take of you. I will warn you that sometimes you will think he's being a little (or WAY TOO) overprotective, but I assure you, it's only because he loves you so much, and doesn't want anything to happen to you. Please try to take it as a compliment, and be thankful that you have a Daddy who cares so much about you. I promise to try and keep him reasonable, but I can't make any promises! I pray that when you meet your Prince Charming, he is just like your Daddy. I want someone who loves you like your Daddy loves me; who takes care of you like your Daddy takes care of me; and of course who can tease you in the loving way that only your Daddy can to me! God gave you the best Daddy there is, and please don't ever forget that!

Madison, I love being your sole provider, and being the only one aware of some of your movements, but I know that is going to change very soon. I am ready to share you with the rest of world, but I am going to cherish, deeply, these last few weeks with you. I love you more than you'll ever know!


Love,

Mommy


5 comments:

Kim said...

You are so cute. Your letter made me cry. Maddie is lucky to have you as a mommy. Make sure you sing to her a lot with that amazing voice of yours. Love you!

Ashley, John, Lilly, Myllah, and dakota Sommer said...

very sweet!! You look so great!! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Anonymous said...

Your post captures the sentiment my mom uses to describe a mother's love...that you can't really understand a mother's love until you become a mom.

I love this post and I love Madison will be a first born girl like me. Woo Hoo! I can't wait to meet her too.

I was getting worries you had not blogged. I kept wondering, is Madison here already? :)

Enjoy these last few weeks!

Lainey-Paney said...

that is so sweet.

the part that really kind of struck me: enjoying being her only one right now, and knowing that in the near future, you'll have to share her.
I didn't really think about that part when I was pregnant...and then when Gage was born---I have to admit that I had a hard time sharing sometimes. Nursing Gage was the perfect excuse to wisk him away to the rocker where I could just sit & rock him & nurse, and get my fill of having him all to myself!

She's so lucky to have such sweet parents who love her so much!

Miller Mommy said...

What a beautiful letter! Maddie is soo lucky! You are going to be an incredible mommy!!!